Friday, July 3, 2009

on the road again..

Amazingly we woke up in our ridiculous hotel room the other morning and the place we towed the car projected it would be ready by noon. We were ECSTATIC. We were really planning for the worst...like being stuck in Jeffersonville, OH for days and days and having to stay in that silly room another night. But we lucked out, the van was ready EARLIER than expected and by noon we were on the road again.

Apparently, (and sorry to those of you who know ANYTHING about cars because I promise you I will butcher all part names etc.) the wheel bearings broke and shredded our brakes, leaking brake fluid EVERYWHERE and making the van jump like it had hydraulics. Clearly, an easy fix right? Surprisingly yes. Thank you auto place in the middle of no where. We are so happy you exist and that you are super honest.

All of us were pretty bummed out about missing a night in our own beds, but we stared to make it to Morgantown, WV anyways for TWO shows that night. John hooked us up with his other band Jazzam to play at a Buffalo Wild Wings outdoor concert in the early evening. It was an awesome stage.
We had a blast, we played a great set, Jazzam played a great set and when they got off stage and we could have John back we loaded up the van and made our way a half an hour North to play Club Octane with band 100 Hurricanes (great stuff check it out).

It was a big show and even some of our friends from Pittsburgh drove the hour or so to see the show (thank you thank you thank you Leah, Sam and Steve!!!).

We sold some merch, got our stuff together, listened to the band and drove home. I have to say Pittsburgh has never looked more beautiful than driving through the Fort Pitt tunnel at 3 am (you yinzers know what I mean).

We slept in our own beds and are spending the day and evening relaxing before heading out to 2 days of festival Farm Jamma Lamma tomorrow.

About a week left... we can't believe it.

1 comment:

  1. As John's mom I am happy to say that I am glad you all had just a small problem on your tour...all be it troublesome at the time, car trouble is never easy.

    Sometime I hope to meet and hear the band live. Your music is excellent.

    Your tour is nearly finished and I hope the experience has made all of you stronger. It is a tough thing you do.. not for sissies or slackers and I wish you well. Kisses to John

    ReplyDelete